HEAT PUMP HOT WATER HEATING AUCKLAND
Heat pump hot water systems do not generate heat directly but use electricity to move heat from one place to another.
Heat Pumps work in a similar way to a refrigerator, however instead of pulling heat from inside a box and sending it into the surrounding room they pull the heat from the surrounding room and send it into a hot water cylinder to heat the water.
The benefits of installing a Hot Water Heat Pumps Auckland system are:
- They can be up to three times more energy efficient than conventional electric resistance hot water cylinders
- You are able to retrofit a heat pump hot water system to work with an existing conventional hot water storage cylinder
- Heat pumps may be installed into a hot room e.g. a furnace room to cool it and heat your water at the same time.
There is a range of different heat pump hot water systems to choose from – contact one of our heating specialists today to discuss which heating system is right for you.
Click here to go back to the Hot Water Solutions page
STAND ALONE HEAT PUMP HOT WATER SYSTEM
You are able to purchase a stand alone heat pump hot water system as an integrated unit with a built in hot water storage tank and back up resistance heating elements.
SPLIT SYSTEMS HEAT PUMP HOT WATER
Split systems have the compressor unit outside and the hot water tank generally inside although the tank can also be located outside the house separate from the compressor. In some cases you can retro-fit and use your existing hot water tank.
This will require the installation to be in locations that remain in the 4.4C – 32.2 C temperature range year round and you must provide at least 28.3 cubic meters of air space around the water heater.
We recommend the following quality brands for you to use:
- Ecospring heat pump water heater
- Steibel Eltron heat pump water heater
- Rheem heat pump water heater
- Aquafire heat pump water heater
- Rinnai heat pump water heater