Water Leak Repair Auckland
In most cases the first sign of water leak in your bathroom will be evidence of water on the ceiling of the room directly below, or the basement or underfloor area of your home.
This is often a sign that the leak has caused expensive damage to hidden areas and you’ll need to call out a plumber to take a close look and repair the leak.
The origin of a leak will most likely be around a fixture waste outlet or water inlet.
Common Water Leak Causes:
- Loose or worn wastewater traps, evidenced by water dripping under the sink while the tap is running.
- Old flexible tap connectors which have gone beyond their serviceable life, this is evidenced by water spraying from the stainless steel hoses under your sink. This will usually require a replacement tap to be fitted.
- Tap bodies leaking due to worn washers or tap cartridge, or pitting in the metal, this is evident from water leaking out of the body of the tap, in most cases this will require a replacement cartridge, but sometimes indicates that the tap is reaching the end of its serviceable life and should be replaced.
- On occasion pipes may split inside the wall, especially if your house is piped in the old black or brown plastic pipe, this is indicative of further issues, and replacement of all pipework in the house may be required.
- In any of the above scenarios you should turn the water off at the meter or boundary isolation point, and arrange a plumber to attend at the closest convenient time, informing the plumber of what the suspected issue is will likely make it easier for the plumber to resolve and save you money.
- Another issue is shower liner leaks, this occurs mostly with box type showers, when the silicon joins fail, you can usually confirm the location of the leak by standing in the shower box and spraying the shower head at the joins in the shower box.
The most important thing is, if you suspect you have a leak, shut down the water to prevent further damage and get the experts out to asses. We can provide documentation to help with your insurance claim, as well as giving the best advice to get the problem resolved as quickly as possible.Contact Now